Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where bands or artist with a taste for heavier music can come together and share the same interest

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truth Corroded - Lead Guitarist Leaves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tribalcast
Admin
tribalcast

Truth Corroded - Lead Guitarist Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Truth Corroded - Lead Guitarist Leaves   Truth Corroded - Lead Guitarist Leaves Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 am

Source:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16977361&blogID=471632840

A Message from Corey regarding his departure from Truth Corroded

It is with deep sadness that I announce my departure from Truth Corroded. Though this was not the plan originally the past 7 months without jamming and gigging with the band has taken a negative toll on me personally, missing out on the Asia tour being my breaking point!

I feel it is better for both my sanity and the band as business to remove myself from the equation as my current situation is not going to change for some time.

The 5 years I spent with TC were the 5 best years of my life to date! I got to see all corners of Australia, share the stage with awesome bands both home-grown and international plus record two albums with 3 of my oldest friends. I met so many great people (fans, bands, TC drummers) and am extremely grateful for knowing all of you.

I am extremely proud of what I achieved with the band and the sound I helped TC create, culminating in the 'warlords' album.

To all the fans whom have supported the band and my playing over the years, THANKYOU! Your words have been nothing short of inspirational!!

I will continue to support the band and my services will always be available for any studio work should it be required.

I will now focus on improving my playing and hope to have one or more projects up and running by the end of 09, i will be back!

I would personally like to thank Mark, Jase and Greg for allowing me the opportunity to share in the dream they built and also to Liam for being the final piece in the puzzle that allowed us to obtain the sound we wanted. Nobody could ask for a better group of guys to play in a band with and I only hope I can feel that vibe again.

Thank you all, Corey j Grieve.

Initial Truth Corroded Press Release.

Corey Leaves Truth Corroded – Replacement Announced

Truth Corrodeds lead guitarist Corey Grieve has amicably left the band. Corey has not been performing with the band for the past several months and did not tour with the band during the recent Asian tour. Unable to commit any further due to personal circumstances, Corey made the decision to leave the band after assessing the future commitments required to be a member of Truth Corroded. Corey has been with Truth Corroded for five years, joining after the band reformed in mid-2003 and played a significant role in the development of the band’s sound and identity. As a lead guitarist Corey is outstanding, but above all, as a friend he is invaluable. His membership will be missed but we thank him for his brilliant musical contributions and several years of endurance and very good times. We wish Corey the very best for his future endeavours, and be assured Corey will be making a contribution to the next Truth corroded recording.

Truth Corroded would like to welcome Darren McClennen as the new lead guitarist. Darren has been performing with the band since Sept.2008, making his debut at the Against The Grain festival and recently toured with the band in Asia. Darren has had several years experience performing with local bands The Harrowed and Sarsekim. With Darren’s experience, performance and exceptional guitar work, his addition to the band will continue the bands ascendance as one of Australia's longest running and leading thrash metal acts. Truth Corroded will begin writing the follow up to the highly successful 'Upon the Warlords Crawl' album before setting out on a national tour in April-June.
Back to top Go down
http://singagorexnews.blogspot.com/

Truth Corroded - Lead Guitarist Leaves
Page 1 of 1