Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where bands or artist with a taste for heavier music can come together and share the same interest

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MESHUGGAH’S MARTEN HAGSTROM CORRECTS METAL SUCKS INTERVIEW

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tribalcast
Admin
tribalcast

MESHUGGAH’S MARTEN HAGSTROM CORRECTS METAL SUCKS INTERVIEW Empty
PostSubject: MESHUGGAH’S MARTEN HAGSTROM CORRECTS METAL SUCKS INTERVIEW   MESHUGGAH’S MARTEN HAGSTROM CORRECTS METAL SUCKS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/inbox/readupdates.php?id=7791476169

MESHUGGAH guitarist Marten Hagstrom has offered the following corrections to the interview conducted by MetalSucks.net in New York City on February 19th:
"All right… I never thought I'd do this, but the way things have turned out, I really feel I have to correct some things in the Metal Sucks interview I gave a while ago. These things happen every now and then, but the effects of this makes it imperative for me to set the record straight.
Some things in there are incorrect (for different reasons), and that in itself wouldn't be problem unless it didn't really mess things up for me and others, which it has. And even though I have no qualms speaking my mind, it should at least be correct.
First and most importantly: The part where Markus Staiger and Nuclear Blast is mentioned is incorrect. I never said those things and as you can imagine, it feels really weird to stab your label and Markus in the back without even doing it, so to speak.
Second: The whole "melodic-metal" discussion really took place, but the things I was hating on was Schlager-music (which was in there, but was spelled ‘Slaughter’ and the focus was turned to something entirely different) and talking about how that genre has seemingly crept over into some metal bands music in Europe (in my opinion) and that’s it.
The whole thing came out real weird and definitely skewed. The subject I was aiming for was left out and was replaced by something else which is very unfortunate.

And last, since I'm correcting errors, it says that I was praising a band called ‘Adagio.’ I don't know who they are. I was talking about the French band Gojira. That’s that.
I've talked to Metal Sucks and they have been kind enough to correct these errors. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings there might be."
Back to top Go down
http://singagorexnews.blogspot.com/

MESHUGGAH’S MARTEN HAGSTROM CORRECTS METAL SUCKS INTERVIEW
Page 1 of 1